Tuesday, 10 December 2013

A Bump in the Road

Okay, for some unknown “bizarre” reason an RV Dealership decides to shut down for the month of December? *scoff . . . (sarcasm intended). What this means is that they will not be back up and running until January 6th, well after my Rubicon of December 20th.

What this means is that I will not have made or even secured the deal for the Camper for my truck until half way into January. Whilst this runs in conjunction with my plan to not pick it up until then, it also means that I will not know if it will go through until I have already decided to move out. This may leave me scrambling for a place to stay.

The logical thing to do would be to push this endeavour off for another month, wait until I can know for sure if I can get the trailer. I know me and that will make it that much easier to push it off another month due to the weather. Then there will be the little voice saying, “save up some cash first.”

I know that I simply must decide to go and just go. If I don’t go, I will always find an excuse not to go. There is some truth in the words of Tracy Chapman “Leave tonight or live and die this way.” I must go; and I must go now . . . no matter what.

A small part of the reason why I am starting this adventure now, in the dead of winter is that winter has always been a fear of mine. How would I handle living in a camper in a Canadian Prairie town? It was primarily that fear that stopped me from doing this last spring.

By leaving now (apart from the new life direction for a new year, thing) I am proving to myself that I can do this, that I can and will survive in winter.  Each day will get a little better and a little warmer, come next winter, I will not be fearful, I will not be afraid. I can then enjoy the warmer weather that much better all spring, summer and fall. I will know that I will be okay.

In order to do this, I need to be willing to rent a room for a few months, or even sleep in my truck for a few weeks. I just need to commit and go, no matter what. There will always be reasons to stop, there must be the determination to simply go . . . and go on.

So the next step for me will be to scout out places of logistics, once I have my camper . . . where are good places to park for the night? Where are the sani-dump locations? Where are the nice parks around for my evening meal? Which ones have the outdoor barbecue pits? All of those things, are next for me.

I have decided to push off renewing my Insurance/Registration/driver’s Licence until I get paid on the 20th to make sure I can get it done in one sitting. (I do have till the end of the month).

No comments:

Post a comment