Okay, so I have been enquiring around and have a few places to check out Friday (tomorrow) afternoon. It is my early day so I will be able to see things and talk to people both in the light of day and during normal business hours.
One stop is to my dealership where I bought my truck to get the straight goods on just what my truck can carry and what it can tow. There is a lot of conflicting information on the net as to what the capacities of my truck are.
I also want to talk to a few campgrounds/mobile home parks and see if there a chance to find a site/lot for a reasonable cost. I really don’t feel like paying $500.00 for the RV and $1000.00 for the pad rent. That is not getting me ahead, that is getting me further behind.
I will check out some more campsites and places on Saturday, as I want to have a good idea as to the feasibility of this option before long.
One odd idea I have is to float the idea of trading in my truck for an F250 but with only a year into it, this is doubtful.
It looks more likely that I will end up putting my stuff in storage and renting a room. This seems to be the most realistic option.
The trouble is, that I just don’t feel like paying rent anymore, I just want to break with the whole system for a short period of time.
I know that unless I can somehow get a truck and camper, this is not even possible. People will notice me towing a trailer to and from work, even if I park down the street.
The one thing which has not diminished is my commitment to this course of action. With Rubicon now 8 days away (Friday, December 20th) I would like a clear direction before then, rather than this foggy unknown. I will not delay another month, I can’t and I won’t.