Wednesday, 19 April 2017

How Cheap??

So, I was having a talk with a co-worker yesterday about my journey to Total Debt Freedom and he asked me how cheaply I could live, once I reach my goal.

I wondered for a moment how I could answer that, then I realized that I had already done my payday budgets up to the end of the year.

So, I pulled out my handy yearly budgeter and scrolled to the payday budget the payday after my target of paying off the Wanda Loan.

That was when I got the answer that shocked even myself, my total expenses will, at that point, make up 9% of my take home pay. Savings will make up the other 91%.

Pause and think on that for a moment (as I giggle like a schoolgirl). When I started this journey my savings was non-existent as every penny went to either debts or living.

I was on that treadmill just running to stand still yet not able to stop for fear of falling on my face, and my world would come crashing in around me.

This, my friends is why I am striving so much and going through everything that I am, just so I can get to that 9%.

Once I am on the other side of Total Debt Freedom, I will actually have discretion over my pay and be able to do what I want with it.

Now, that will be to save it, but I could spend on an extravagance if I choose. That is the difference, I will be able to choose what to do with my paycheque . . . all of it.

As always: Keep your head up, your attitude positive and keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a comment