So there I was going through the motions of getting ready for the day and paused to realize how silly I must look most times.
After all, there are some silly things I do, silly things that work. I have long since abandoned the idea of “looking cool” or otherwise “normal.”
I do what works, not what is stylish.
For example, I:
• Putter around in the dark with only a flashlight strapped to my head for light.
• Work on my laptop by candlelight.
• Listen to a portable radio when the radio in my trailer works fine.
• Dress in the same multiple layers of clothes every day when around my trailer
• Sit in a sleeping bag on the couch to stay warm without turning the furnace on.
• Pack my water in on my back daily.
• Live in an RV Trailer on a street in an industrial park.
• Weekend (and look forward to) in the parking lot of a Big Box Retailer.
• Pee outside in the dead of winter.
Those are a few of the odd things that I do, just because they work. It is in doing these little odd things that helps enable me to get ahead.
Conformity to what society expects is what really holds people back from doing what they need to do to get ahead. Think about that.
What “odd things” are you willing to do in order to get yourself ahead?
As always: Keep your head up, your attitude positive, and keep moving forward!