Happy Anniversary to me! It is that time of year again, when I take stock and look back on this journey of being an Urban Nomad in order to improve my fiscal situation.
It has been exactly four years to the day that I have decided to do what I am doing. Exactly four years ago today I made the choice to seriously downgrade my lifestyle in order to get out of debt.
Even then, the concept of being Totally Debt Free was a concept that was so far away that it was inconceivable at the time.
Without knowing how I was going to do it and with many, many more questions than answers, I set out to get out of debt.
Well, four years later I have made it and I am now proudly TOTALLY DEBT FREE! I am now at the ground level and starting to continue to improve my fiscal situation.
Before we can move on to my next goals, let’s look back on last year’s goals and see how I did?
Last year’s goals were:
1. I will, at all times, maintain a balance of at least $1000.00 in each of my accounts: Main, Mid-Term Savings and Long-Term Savings.
This I have done, and I have trained myself that $1000.00 is zero, so this explains why I am still a bit edgy about the fact that I had to drain all of my accounts to accomplish Goal #2.
2. I will pay off the trailer loan (Wand Loan) before the end of next year with a target paid off date of Nov, 7, 2017.
This is done, and proudly so done a payday early on the glorious day forever known as: TOTAL DEBT FREEDOM DAY!
3. I will maintain all of my credit cards at a $0.00 balance, paying them off in full each and every payday.
This I have done, with the exception of coming down the home stretch towards TOTAL DEBT FREEDOM DAY! This was a premeditated choice and one that I corrected as soon as the payday after TOTAL DEBT FREEDOM DAY!
Okay, enough with being annoying, here are my goals for next year:
1. I will break the cycle of running to debt when fiscal problems hit me, by funding my Mid-Term Account with enough cash to live on for two years.
2. I will continue my policy of keeping $1000.00 in my Main Account and keep the outstanding balances of all Credit Cards to $0.00 each and every payday.
3. I will build up my Long-Term Account with whatever cash that I can spare.
4. By the mid to late of 2019, I hope to have enough cash in there to buy a Quarter Section (at least).
Again these are simple goals that are building on my previous goals. That is a pattern, using my previous successes to keep moving forward to new successes.
This is why I am still out here and still freezing my tuchus off. I am doing so because 1) I know how to survive out here and 2) doing so will keep moving me towards my goal of land and home ownership without any debt.
As always: Keep your head up and keep moving forward!