I have known for about a week now that the weather is going to be most likely wet and miserable for the long weekend. This is particularly frustrating when this is the weekend that I am finally going to go to Waterton Lakes National Park.
I am from Vancouver and so I am no stranger to wet weather. Out on the wet coast we just put on our rain gear and go anyways.
The same is true for Britain, where my mother is from, so yeah, while frolicking in the snow is not something I will do, venturing out in the rain is something that is, one might say, in my blood.
I could cancel the weekend but that is not something that I would do or recommend. Putting aside the whole “you’re not getting a refund” thing, I am going anyway because I’m stubborn that way.
The other reason, and the main reason for today’s blog, is the fact that the future is not set and there is an adventure to be had. I have been planning this weekend since January and I will not let a bit of uncertainty put me off.
You never know what the future holds, so just boldly plod on ahead and deal with whatever may come. I will go to Waterton Lakes; I will go hiking and do what I have planned to do. It may sprinkle, it may rain or it may even snow but I will just adjust my plans accordingly, I will not cancel them (unless absolutely necessary).
Do not fear the future, just deal with the present and boldly stare the future down and dare it to challenge you, for you shall not yield to it.
As always: Keep your head up, your attitude positive, and keep moving forward!